Re: cpu overheating

Mike Chalmers wrote:

> I like Linux, alot. I mean alot. I like what it stands for (besides
> the corporations). But my CPU has never overheated. I am pretty sure
> that it is not my hardware. It could be a bug in Linux. The kernel
> could be be sending incorrect frequencies to the hardware or something
> like that.

Hummmm....  Something like that happened to me years ago...  Let me think.
Oh, right.....

Every morning I would get up to go to work.  I would go down to the garage
start my car and drive away.  Then, one day, a new Citgo Gas station opened
up very near my home.  On my way home that evening I stopped and filled up.
 The next morning I went to start my car and it refused to start.  It tried
and tried.  Must be that new Citgo gas...bet is was contaminated, had water
in it, or what ever.  I mean it was a new station so something must have
been wrong.

I'm not much into cars, but my neighbor was and he came over when he saw I
was having trouble.  He popped the hood, looked down at my battery cables,
gave them a few smacks with a hammer and said "try again".  The car started
just fine.  I looked at the guy and said "this never happened before".  He
looked me straight in the eye and said, "just because something worked just
fine yesterday doesn't mean it work the next day".