Re: codecs

On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 18:38:36 -0400, Ted Gervais wrote:

> I am still working on getting fc6 to play videos on www.cnn.com.
> And I am still not successful using Mozilla. Ok with konqueror though.
>
> My thoughts right now center on codec.  I am wondering if I have the
> right files for this and if I have them placed in the correct
> directories.
>
> Can someone tell me where I should have gotten them from and where do I
> place them?

It's documented on the mplayer home page: http://www.mplayerhq.hu . It
doesn't hurt if you read it. Clean-up the old codecs, and download the
essential codecs from

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/dload.html

(under the Binary Codec Packages section). Unpack them in
/usr/local/lib/win32.

However, if you can play the clips at the prompt, you have the codecs.
Probably something else is getting in the way of mplayer in firefox.
Someone else already suggested that you might have a totem plug-in.