Re: What file(s) does system-config-services modify??

Use "chkconfig" from the command line.

Thanks for info.

Is this how we check if the entry made is correct?

(correct me if I am wrong)
Supposing if I add the smb service for run-level 3, I should look for
the "smb" in /etc/rc3.d/

For example:
# ls /etc/rc3.d/ | grep smb

in my case it returns "S91smb", which I assume the service is added
for this run level. Is this how we check? Othewise the only process I
know is to run the machine in each run-level and check if the process
is there. By the way what its that "S91" ?

Thanks again