Re: Simple Samba Setup

-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: Simple Samba Setup
From: Steve Searle <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: For users of Fedora <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 12/07/2006 04:14 PM
Around 10:58pm on Thursday, December 07, 2006 (UK time), Paul Lemmons scrawled:

I am trying to setup what I think is the simplest samba setup and am now completely bald with frustration. (I did not have much hair to start with so this sounds much worse than it really is :-> )

Probably no help at all, but you did run smbpasswd, didn't you?

Steve

Yes, at least I got that much figured out. It appears that samba behaves differently when I connect from a domain authenticated windows box and one that is not. Those that are not on the domain are getting the userid box to fill in. I, on the domain, do not. It still requires them to use the samba password instead of the unix password but we are working through that for now.
begin:vcard
fn:Paul Lemmons
n:Lemmons;Paul
org:Tucson Medical Center;Information Services
adr:;;5301 E. Grant Road;Tucson;AZ;85712;USA
email;internet:paul.lemmons@xxxxxxxxx
title:Lead Systems Software Engineer
tel;work:520-324-1034
tel;fax:520-324-1206