Re: HAL vs CUPS default printer removal??

Thanks Aaron for the reassurance that I am not going nuts.

I have found that God will get ya, each of us. in His own little way.
He uses printers to make me pay for my sins.

On Tue, 2006-12-05 at 16:47 -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-12-05 at 12:27 -0500, William Case wrote:
> > Hi;
> >
> > I think it's a bug.  Every time I login HAL ?? reconfigures my printer
> > so that the default printer is no longer checkmarked.  It is easy to
> > reset but the queue usually has a couple of print jobs in it I have
> > forgotten about and no longer want.
> >
> > --
> > Regards Bill
> >
> What you say is interesting. One of my colleagues was complaining of the
> same thing. I assume it is a local printer, This has never happened to
> me but I thik it is a function of the printer,  It is not every printer
> that Hal can detect. My belief it is only the higher end printers that
> have this problem. But it is a problem.
> --
Of course, since I posted that message my printer has remained check
marked as the default printer even though I have logged out and in
several times and others here have logged into their accounts.  I
suspect He is waiting for a couple of weeks, a few more sins, then He
will start doing it to me again.
--
Regards Bill