Re: badblocks -vw

Hadders wrote:
I like to test new disks that show up through the courier, especially when they weren't well packaged (like these ones)

Oh, that's different, then. It makes perfect sense to do that sort
of quick pass/fail test.

The manufacturer tests them, for themselves, but once they leave there, who knows what abuse they can suffer. I figure a small home test to detect an obvious fault is worth doing off the mark. After that... who knows.

Usually disks for me have failed in the first month of continuous operation. I have been sent disks that had errors with badblocks off the mark too.

Infant mortality is a real phenomenon.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.