fc6: won't display remote program locally

Hi all,

I've been using the command "ssh -Y remotebox" to provide a local X session for administering remote boxes and it used to work well. I have an id_dsa.pub key on the remote boxes and the login is almost instant.

Where the problem arises is when I try to run firefox or thunderbird on the remote box that will display here. Lots of blinking lights on the nic, and 70 seconds later I'm back at the prompt looking at "Done". But, other things suchas gedit display locally correctly.

This works on my fc4 boxes, but on neither fc6 box. One is running linux-2.6.18-1.2798.fc6xen and the other linux-2.6.18.2 vanilla. None are running selinux. In all other regards the machines seem to work similarly.

Has anybody else experienced this?  If so, did you get it to work?

google and yahoo haven't been much help on this one.

Thanks,
Mike Wright