Re: Totem=noshow

On Tue, 2006-12-05 at 11:36 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Monday 04 December 2006 20:59, Anne Wilson wrote:
> >
> > Yup.  Craig mentioned the man file.  I'd already been there, but V doesn't
> > seem to be listed as an option.  I'm still trying to understand the vast
> > number of rpm commands people recommend.  Sometimes it's easy from the man
> > page, sometimes less obvious.
> >
> To amplify - I saw -v as an option, but not -V.

----
from FC-5 (man rpm)

 VERIFY OPTIONS
     The general form of an rpm verify command is

     rpm {-V|--verify} [select-options] [verify-options]

     Verifying  a  package  compares  information  about the installed
files in the package with information about the files taken from the
package metadata stored in the rpm database.  Among other things,
verifying compares the size, MD5 sum, permissions, type, owner  and
group  of  each file.   Any discrepancies are displayed.  Files that
were not installed from the package, for example, documentation files
excluded on installation using the "--excludedocs" option, will be
silently ignored.

and continues on from there

Craig