Re: Copy EVERYTHING

Cameron Simpson wrote:
On 05Dec2006 12:14, Hadders <fedora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| I figure the only things I'll have to do is reconfigure any mappings in | /etc/fstab that don't use Labels and run Grub again with new config | settings to reference the SATA container.

You want to be a bit careful with labels. If you have, say, two drives
plugged into the machine with partitions labelled "/home" then you
may get a nasty surprise about which one gets picked for mounting by the
fstab.

I'd put off labelling the partition until deployment time.
Thanks, that was my plan. I figured the OS would probably throw a spastic about which of the two /boot partitions to use.

I'm going to copy everything over. Power down, unplug the old drive, power up, load rescue, label the new partitions to the old ones, then reboot and see what happens.

If it all goes pear shaped I can always fall back on the old disk (until I can fix it).