Re: Unclean shutdown, Mozilla won't start

On 04Dec2006 21:08, Mike McCarty <Mike.McCarty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| Ok, I had found a file (link) ~/.mozilla/default/eno64hz7.slt/lock
| and wondered whether I could just delete. Based on your feedback,
| I deleted that link, and Mozilla starts up ok.
|
| It might be nice if Mozilla had a way to to tell it to do that
| itself.

Yes, but suppose it was a lock held by your copy of mozilla running on
another machine. It's probably better to be careful than blase'.

On the other hand, it would be Really Nice if they told you about the
file in question so you could decide for yourself:-(
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Sam Jones <samjones@xxxxxxxxxxx> on the Nine Types of User:

Princess (unfair, perhaps, as these tend, overwhelmingly, to be males) -
                "I need a Mac, and someone's got the one I like reserved,
                would you please garrote him and put him in the paper
                recycling bin?"
Advantages:     Flatters you with their high standards for your service.
Disadvantages:  Impresses you with their obliviousness to other people on
                this planet.
Symptoms:       Inability to communicate except by complaining.
Real Case:      One asked a scon to remove the message of the day because he
                (the user) didn't like it.