Re: Totem=noshow

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006, Gene Heskett wrote:

On Monday 04 December 2006 09:14, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
On Mon, 4 Dec 2006, Gene Heskett wrote:

I'd like to do this, so its a valid part of the rpm database, can I
get the .spec file somewhere?  Or, maybe even better, get it in the
right format from the OpenJava site, but the propaganda all reads like
its source only & doesn't seem to say if it will build with the
current gcc.

As I (sort of) pointed out in another post, the best bet is the NOSRC
rpms for Sun Java from jpackage.org.  You grab the .nosrc.rpm from
jpackage and the .bin installer from Sun and follow the instructions on
the jpackage site.

Which seems to have been pretty well hidden, so far all I've found are the
src rpms.  The .bin installer I have, unpacked even.  But yum can't find
the -fc .xml's for fc6 because nothing newer than fc4 is available.  So I
disabled that repo in order for yumex to proceed.

The only likely looking candidate is in non-free, and is labeled:
java-1.5.0-sun-compat-1.5.0.09.jpp-noarch
which claims to be the jpackage compatibilty for suns jdk of the same
version number.  Unforch, its 1.5.0.10 I have the .bin for.

I'm going to grab it with yum and see what it might be.

But that's not going to fly:
Missing Dependency: jdk = 2000:1.5.0_09-fcs is needed by package
java-1.5.0-sun-compat

And I don't believe this package is available as the fc5 & fc6 listings
aren't even there when I look at the mirrors.  What are we going to have
to do, wait 2 years before OpenJava gets mature enough to use?

It's pretty obscure, as it turns out. Visit http://jpackage.org/browser/browse.php?jppversion=1.7 and scroll down to the bottom, where the "nonfree" packages are listed.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences