Re: using sudo

Matthew Miller wrote:
On Thu, Nov 30, 2006 at 08:22:28AM -0600, David Berg wrote:
So I gave myself full sudo access, disabled root logins, and eliminated
the root password.  Works great on the command line.

Then, append the line "UGROUPS=wheel" to the end of every file in
/etc/security/console.apps which you want to have sudo-like behavior.

Thank-you.

This gives the desired behavior for users in group wheel. However, for users not in wheel it still asks for the nonexistent root password. Is there a way to have the system simply state something like, "You don't have permission to access this program. Contact your system administrator?"

Or perhaps there is a man page/doc I should take a look at instead of asking here. Any pointers?

--Dave