Re: Samba Problem - Almost there

Today Michael Satterwhite did spake thusly:

Craig White wrote:
On Thu, 2006-11-30 at 09:45 -0600, Michael Satterwhite wrote:
OK, I'm not sure what change did it, but I can connect to *SOME* of my
shares. I have one more that I can't seem to connect to. The definition
in smb.conf is

	[windows]
	case sensitive = no
	msdfs proxy = no
	read only = no
	comment = windows directory
	path = /windows

This is the vfat partition holding my windows setup. The fstab entry
makes the partition readable / writable by anyone. When I try to attach
this partition, I get a "The Network Name Cannot be found."

Obviously, the windows box knows about the name as it displays it for me
to select - and the setup looks right to me. What am I missing?
----
possibly selinux block - is selinux active?

No. I'd read enough on the list not to trust it, so I disabled it during
install.

is the share visible if you try from the linux client...

smbclient -L NETBIOS_NAME

Yes, I can see it in that display - remember that it's visible on the
windows machine, too ... I just can't attach it.

does executing...

testparm -s

reveal any errors?

No errors.

...at least I haven't done anything *OBVIOUS* <g> Part of me hates it
when that happens - another part likes it cause it leads to a quick
solution.

There's a bug which might still be open where if a directory has too many files in it it'll not work when you try and mount it under linux - or are you trying to mount it under windows?

--
Scott van Looy - email:me@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx | web:www.ethosuk.org.uk
site:www.freakcity.net - the in place for outcasts since 2003

Support your right to bare arms!
		-- A message from the National Short-Sleeved Shirt Association