Re: Can an LCD display be damaged by the wrong display output?

Tim:
>> 3:  Pure chance that a fault developed at the same time.  It could well
>> be that if you'd picked up the monitor, and not done anything else but
>> move it, that a fault might have developed.

Rick Bilonick:
> The monitor doesn't work with either the analog or the digital cable
> and I've used the cables with other computers and they work. I've
> tried three computers and there is no display plus I cannot bring up
> the OSD menu. So I guess I'm stuck with #3. I've checked and the
> monitor has a 3-year warranty with another year left so I'll try to
> have it repaired under warranty.

I would.  It should survive being asked to show something out of range,
and being plugged and unplugged while operating (although that's not
such a brilliant thing to do, it's crap design on the product's behalf
if its inputs aren't adequately protected).  It doesn't sound like
you've done anything abnormal to it, so I'd throw it back at them.

I read messages from the public lists.