Re: New to Fedora, struggling with wireless

On 23/11/06, Cecilia Lunardini <cecilialunardini@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have just installed Fedora 6 on my new laptop,  a
Sony VAIO SZ360P/C Notebook with Intel Centrino.
While a wired internet connection works, I can not
find a way to set up a wireless connection.

<snip>

So, my question is: is there a step by step, guide on
how to set up the wireless?  It has to be very
detailed, because I am an absolute beginner and even
the most obvious aspects of Linux are not obvious to
me.

Cecilia,

Try this guide (for Fedora Core 6) and see if you can follow it
through (I think the only missing element from a Fedora installation
to get Centrino wireless working is the Intel firmware that needs to
be downloaded):

http://www.ces.clemson.edu/linux/fc2-ipw2200.shtml

Nick

--