Re: Printing with OpenOffice

On Tue, 2006-11-21 at 12:34 +0000, Tim Waugh wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-11-21 at 12:13 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > I have a similar, though not identical problem, so I looked at the link.  It
> > says to make adjustments in tools->options->openoffice.org->options but I
> > don't have the 'openoffice.org>options' on my menu.  Do you?  If it's
> > somewhere else I haven't seen it.
>
> Select Tools->Options... from the menu, and then choose
> OpenOffice.org/General from the tree.  Under 'Open/Save dialogs' check
> the box marked 'Use OpenOffice.org dialogs'.
>
> This is how to work around bugs in the new GTK+ print dialog by
> switching to the native OpenOffice.org print dialog.
>
> Tim.
> */
I know this is not a helpful reply, but on my FC6 machine I can print
from OO to the local and remote printer. The bugzilla cited is really
about another problem. To get cups to print both to a local and remote
printer is a little tricky. It takes two actions:
1. the client.conf file can not have a print server defined. If it is
defined the local printer will not be seen.
2. To have a properly configured cupsd.conf file. In particular the
enabling of the browsing. Examples on demand.
No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife in the shoulder blades will
seriously cramp his style.