Re: yum update dependency errors

On Mon, 2006-11-20 at 10:17 -0800, John P. Fisher wrote:
> This may not help, but I couldn't get yum to work at all until I chose
> freshrpms and took out all the references to livna in yum.conf. I assume
> ( without testing) that the opposite is also viable.
> -John Fisher

You are doing it the  hard way.
/etc/yum.repos.d is there for a reason.  It makes repo management
modular and does not require that yum.conf be edited for every repo you
may want to add/use.

In general freshrpms/atrpms/rpmforge are compatible with the base fedora
repos.   Livna is also compatible with the base repos.
The problem is that for some things livna is not compatible with
freshrpms/atrpms/rpmforge (and vice versa).

I do not recommend that anyone have all those repos enabled at the same
time.  It usually leads to dependency nightmares. (Been there, done
that, lost hair as I pulled it out figuring out the problems) 8-))