Re: kwallet vs kmail, will somebody please shoot one of them?

On Sun, 2006-11-19 at 18:42 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> Now I need to get into the psu in that little e-machines box and slow
> its fan down & get rid of yet another src of fan noises in here.  This
> boxes fans are bad enough, 5 at last count.  But eventually I'm going
> to economize this room a bit to save on the AC costs in the summer.

Small little air pump, or large computer fan, outdoors (where you don't
hear it), sucking through an air filter, with an air hose coming (like
the hoses used in swimming pools) inside branching off to all the PCs,
to blow cool air into them.

I've not tried that myself, yet, but intend to.  I've read about others
doing that sort of thing.  The nearest I've got is ripping out all the
fans in a box, but one, and ducting it around inside the box.  That
makes quite a difference to the noise.

I read messages from the public lists.