Re: help with network card driver rtl8169

Kristoffer Gustafsson wrote:
Hello!
I need some help with driver. My fedora core doesn't seem to be able to fins my network card.
I've got an intergrated realtek rtl 8169/8110 gigabit ethernet nic card.
Can you help me to get this working?
/Kristoffer

Searching with google did not show me any useful results. I did read something that the 8139 and 8169 act differently and need different drivers. I don't know which driver would cover the card.

I did find a questionable link with pop-ups for a Linux zip for the 2.4 kernel.

Another link suggested using the below:

It is already in the kernel

networking drivers -> 1000 -> realtek 8169
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?t=379391

I hope someone who owns the hardware knows the specifics.

Good Luck!

Jim

--
Support staff hung over, send aspirin and come back LATER.