Re: kwallet vs kmail, will somebody please shoot one of them?

On Sunday 19 November 2006 08:53, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Sunday 19 November 2006 01:59, Ric Moore wrote:
> >>
> >> I believe so Anne.  I copied a lot of stuff in the old /root to the
> >> new one, but the .kde stuff wasn't part of that.
> >
> >Gene, I gotta agree... creating a new user takes less than a minute or
> >so. login as him, see if you have the same problems. I bet you don't.
> >You and I commit the same sin, I'm in as root a lot. So, with /root
> >really as your user and you have some pretty old config files... therein
> >may lie the problem. Some sort of conflict. wallet runs just fine for
> >me. I've had other problems, but that one wasn't one of them. FYI, Ric
>
> Unforch, it would take me several hours to recreate just the kmail
> accounts and all the filters to make it functional.  At 3:53am my time
> thats not going to happen.

You don't need to do all that try test it out.  Just note down the settings
for one single account, set that up, copy the appropriate mail directory from
your old /home to the new user's /home, then see where that gets you.  If you
do still have the problems, then you definitely have inserted something
that's causing you system problems.

Anne