Re: Mount NTFS disk as a read and write volume and not read only.

On 11/18/06, redhatdude@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <redhatdude@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> r> Can someone tell me how I can get to delete files in this NTFS
> r> volume using FC6?
>
> You can install the "ntfs-3g" package from extras, and then mount the
> partition:
>
> mount -t ntfs-3g /dev/hda1 /mnt
>
> (or whatever partition the NTFS volume is on).
>
> Then cd /mnt and delete files as you wish.  umount /mnt when you're
> done.
>
>  - J<

  Installed ntfs-3g and tried to mount the drive. Problems with it
because Windows didn't shutdown properly. Installed ntfsprogs and ran
ntfsfix which comes with ntfsprogs. After that I mounted the drive
again with ntfs-3g using -o force as option.
It worked.
Thanks a lot guys.
EJ

What address do I send my consulting bill to ?

--
Fedora Core 6 and proud