Java plugin and 64bit Firefox

Here's the question, I'm running the x86_64 (Intel Pentium D - Dual core) of linux and I'm running the 64bit version of firefox. I've gotten a bunch of plugins to work via the nspluginwrapper (http://gwenole.beauchesne.info/projects/nspluginwrapper/) however I'm having problems with Sun's Java plugin.

The 64 bit version has the following note one the 64 bit version:*

Linux x64 download:* Please use the 32-bit version for Java applet and Java Web Start support.

and I confirmed that there is no plugin included in the 64 bit version.

The 32 bit version however will not run inside the 64 bit browser, I've even tried using the nspluginwrapper to no avail.

Suggestions?

Jeff