Re: Fedora Coverstory in Linux Format

Tim:
>> It struck me that the bare minimum install ought to require only
>> one disc.  The last time I tried one of them, and it was quite a
>> few releases ago, I needed at least two discs.  I might have
>> needed a third, too, but I can't recall.

George Arseneault:
> Actually, the distro of FC5 I got from a book (fedora
> bible) came with a DVD (for a full install), a CD
> (enough to set you up for a lan/internet install) and
> an extra's CD.
>
> So, Yes, the bare minimum install can be put on one disk.

Do you mean one disc as in that one DVD, or that CD lets you install
from that one CD, without needing additional resources?

Using a boot CD that does a network install isn't really the same thing
as a one disc install.  And a one CD install option is definitely
preferable to a one DVD install, filesize-wise for those downloading it.

I read messages from the public lists.