Re:Oracle client & Fedora 5

> Has anyone been able to install a Oracle client on Fedora Core 4?
> I followed the instruction at
> http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/10g/OracleDB10gR2InstallationOnFedora5.php
> with no success.

A lot depends on how much client you require. I have done the method
used in the link you supplied from Oracle base for both 9i and 10g, but
to just get the client it is more effort that it is worth.

I would recommend the instant client or the XE client rpm if you only
require sqlplus access. If you feel graphically inclined Sqldeveloper
works well. If you need some of the other standard tools like
export/import and sqlldr then you might want to install the full XE
database rpm. That will give you a small database which installs with
minimal effort.

I currently use all of these tools on both core 5 and 6.
They can be downloaded on Oracle Tech net .
http://www.oracle.com/technology/index.html

Alan