Re: ****Re: Yum public keys -

On Fri, 2006-11-17 at 15:56 +0000, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Craig White wrote:
>
> > I think that you have every reason to expect dries/matthias/dag/aka
> > rpmforge packages to be fully compatible with fedora core/extras/updates
> > packages.
>
> But are they compatible with each other?
----
yes

but not necessarily with livna

That's sometimes the price to pay for having more recent
packages...livna has stuff but sometimes lags behind where
dries/matthias/dag/atrpms are more aggressive in providing newer
packages.

livna without rpmforge/dries/matthias/dag/atrpms is generally safe
rpmforge/dries/matthias/atrpms without livna is generally safe

enabling both livna and rpmforge means that you will have to do some
thinking/adjusting because sometimes things won't automatically work

depends on what you want...it's your box

Craig