Re: (fedora) Re: desperate : session stops unexpectedly and kills all, depending running job

Dave wrote on 17-NOV-2006 16:37:03.35

>> Hi all
>>
>>    Since I upgraded from FC5 to FC6 I cannot leave my gnome-session running
>> overnight. At some (random) time the session is killed. All jobs running in
>> this session are killed too. I have no idea what causes this. I attached
>> some typical messages found in the file in /var/logs around the time it
>> happens at the end of this mail
>>
>>   Can anyone please get me some hint how to solve the problem or point to
>> the package that is at fault so that I can send in a proper bug-report at
>> bugzilla. (Now I do not know which packege to blame)
>>
>> 	  Jouk
>I had a similar problem when I replaced gnome screensaver with
>xscreensaver.  I turned off power management through gnome (System ->
>Preferences -> More Preferences -> Power Management) and let
>xscreensaver handle it.  The system has been stable since I made this
>change (about a week).  Alternatively, if you have xscreensaver
>installed, you could uninstall it and let gnome screensaver do the
>screen blanking.
Yes, I'm running xscreensaver. I turned off (I hope) the Power-management as
you sugested. I'll know if it works after the weekend

        Thanks
	    Jouk

Bush : All votes are equal but some votes are more equal than others.

  Jouk Jansen

  joukj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Technische Universiteit Delft        tttttttttt  uu     uu  ddddddd
  Kavli Institute of Nanoscience       tttttttttt  uu     uu  dd    dd
  Nationaal centrum voor HREM              tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  Lorentzweg 1                             tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  2628 CJ Delft                            tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  Nederland                                tt      uu     uu  dd    dd
  tel. 31-15-2782272                       tt       uuuuuuu   ddddddd