Re: desperate : session stops unexpectedly and kills all, depending running job

joukj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Jacob (=Jouk) Jansen) wrote:

Hi all
Since I upgraded from FC5 to FC6 I cannot leave my gnome-session running
overnight. At some (random) time the session is killed. All jobs running in
this session are killed too. I have no idea what causes this. I attached
some typical messages found in the file in /var/logs around the time it
happens at the end of this mail

  Can anyone please get me some hint how to solve the problem or point to
the package that is at fault so that I can send in a proper bug-report at
bugzilla. (Now I do not know which packege to blame)
Jouk
I had a similar problem when I replaced gnome screensaver with xscreensaver. I turned off power management through gnome (System -> Preferences -> More Preferences -> Power Management) and let xscreensaver handle it. The system has been stable since I made this change (about a week). Alternatively, if you have xscreensaver installed, you could uninstall it and let gnome screensaver do the screen blanking.

Cheers,
Dave

-- Ambrose Bierce