Re: FC5 & Dell 2007FPW - Anybody got widescreen?

> I did not find the way to get rid of a black stripe on the left side
> of the screen. Tried all the modelines I could get my hands on on the
> web to no avail. If anyone has modelines that work without this black
> stripe, I am interested.

Not sure if all drivers do this, but sometimes the /var/log/Xorg.0.log
file actually has all the information you need to generate the mode
line (but X doens't use it :-). See my FC5 install info in:
http://home.att.net/~Tom.Horsley/easy-linux.html
(but things no doubt work considerably different for laptops
with attached displays than for external monitors, so this might
not be any help).

Also, FC6 comes with a program named "cvt" which (at long last)
allows you to generate a ModeLine from screen size and refresh
rate (and you probably want the -r option for reduced blanking
on an LCD). There is some info about that in my web page
as well.