Re: UTF-8?

Anne Wilson wrote:

It's odd, though, that I see many spam messages with Chinese(?) fonts, and others with those squares in place of characters. I don't have the need for any of those fonts, though, so it's not important - it's just that this cat still has plenty of curiosity :-)

Sometimes those characters you see are actually images (bpm, tif, jpg, etc.) files -- this has been done just so they will be readable when the viewer does not have the necessary font installed. The boxes usually are the true font characters and not images.