Re: UTF-8?

Anne Wilson wrote:

>> So, you need to install support for other languages.
>>
> Could be that, then.  Fair enough.
>
> It's odd, though, that I see many spam messages with Chinese(?) fonts, and
> others with those squares in place of characters.  I don't have the need for
> any of those fonts, though, so it's not important - it's just that this cat
> still has plenty of curiosity :-)

If you look at some of the spam with "visible Chinese" may in fact be a
message with a single image attachment.

For fun, you can try going to http://www.google.com.tw and see what you get.

But, you are correct, if you no ability to read in Chinese, Japanese,
Korean, Greek, Cyrillic, etc. there is no point to having them load on your
system.  Unless you are like I am.  I hate looking at squares more than I
hate not being able to read what is being written.  Of course, that is where
things like www.worldlingo.com and other translation engines come into play.

Ed