Re: Firefox 1.5.0.8 non-responsive???

On 11/17/06, Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 2006-11-17 at 14:38 +0800, Deepak Shrestha wrote:
> Any suggestion?

Look through the preferences.  Try turning off a feature at a time until
you find which one it is.  There's new anti-scamming features added to
the most recent Firefox, that might be a slowdown (don't know if it's on
the version you mention).  On some overly-complicated sites, Java,
JavaScript, and even CSS parsing can be a real drag.

installed and checked version 2.0 of firefox. Its the same problem
there too. I guess the problem is on the version 1.5.0.8 and above. I
guess you are right that the added features in the new version must
have caused this but don't know what at this time. But I don't change
the setting of firefox manually except the privacy settings
====================
don't remember password
don't remember the form data
clear everything except cookies when firefox exits
rest are defaults ( as set by firefox installation)

Other settings like
java, javascripts are all on (as defaults)
in advanced tab security settings all version of SSL are turned on.

No idea where else to look must be some innner things. Can somebody
confirm the same problem? or I am the only one?

Thanks