Re: Partial FC6 upgrade?

At 1:26 PM -0500 11/11/06, Tony Nelson wrote:
>At 9:13 AM +0200 11/11/06, Gilboa Davara wrote:
>>On Fri, 2006-11-10 at 22:34 -0500, Tony Nelson wrote:
>>> Has anyone seen a partial installer update to FC6?
>>>
>>> I made a copy of my FC5 install, got it working, and used the installer to
>>> upgrade to FC6.  The upgrade appeared to work (completed without
>>> complaint), but only 151 packages are updated, out of about 1086 that are
>>> called for in /var/log/anaconda.log, and no FC5 packages were deleted.
>>> There are no errors shown in that log from the package names on down.  The
>>> log ends with the "Member:" and "Adding Package" lines, 3 "moving (1) to
>>> setp {postinstallconfig,instbootloader,copylogs}" lines, and "Copying
>>> anaconda logs", no errors, but I don't know if that's how it should look.
>>>
>>> I expect I'll start over.
>>> --
>>
>>I seen the same thing on my aging laptop.
>>Sadly enough I needed my laptop in a hurry and did a full install.
>>
>>Can you please save the log files in your root directory (install.log,
>>install.log.syslog, anaconda-ks.cfg, etc)
>>
>>I'll create a bugzilla report and post the ID.
>
>bz 215127, which I've added to.

It appears that the problem was due to a (slightly) corrupt RPM database,
as, after blowing up the database doing a "yum remove" of a suspicious
package (duplicate?  forget which package now) and then rebuilding the
database, an upgrade succeeded.

Also, I had only noticed Anaconda's logs in /var/log/anaconda*, and not the
ones in /root/upgrade.log*, which had many error messages in them.  Still,
it would be nice if Anaconda mentioned that the upgrade had failed at the
end, instead of looking normal with no errors displayed.
TonyN.:'    The Great Writ     <mailto:tonynelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      '      is no more.             <http://www.georgeanelson.com/>