Re: Can't stream audio

On Thursday 16 November 2006 11:04, dexter wrote:
> On Wed November 15 2006 22:01, Kip Thomas wrote:
> > Guys,
> >
> > Help me stream audio from this link http://cpr.org/
> >
> > I got mplayer but couldn't stream.  I went and got streamtune with
> > beep-media-player and that didn't work either
> >
> > I feel I'm missing the codecs or a misconfiguration of proxy somewhere.
> > any quick suggestions?
>
> I'm using latest mplayer svn and can stream all feeds from cpr :-)
> windows media:
>  mplayer -cache 256 http://66.162.107.141/cpr1?MSWMExt=.asf
>
> aacPlus:
>  mplayer -cache 256 -v  http://cpr.org/listen/live_newsinfo_aac.pls
> Selected audio codec: [faad] afm: faad (FAAD AAC (MPEG-2/MPEG-4 Audio)
> decoder)
>
> MP3: mplayer  -v -cache 256 http://cpr.org/listen/live_newsinfo_mp3.pls
> works ok
> ...dex

I too have got streams from this site ok. I'm quite surprised, as I'm only on
dialup. Mplayer on this FC2 install was built from sourcecode, and I have the
mplayerplugin installed on Firefox. Missing out all the links I had to make
to get Firefox connected to where the mplayerplugins are in /usr/lib/mozilla,
I'm listening now to classical music from. Colorado Public Radio Classical.
 Music Channel. This is better than I get from live streams from
www.bbc.co.uk/radio4 using realplayer plugin, and the BBC's radio player.
Often the stream breaks up, and it's like listening to it redirected through
an old tin bath, loads of echos, etc.

I quite like classical stuff, but any suggestions for sites playing dance. I
don't mean the tango, and rhumba, but house, drum n bass, trance, and so on.

Nigel.