Re: Fedora Coverstory in Linux Format

Hello Anne,

On Thu, 2006-11-16 at 19:26 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Thursday 16 November 2006 17:05, taharka wrote:
> > > They put articles onto the website as archives, usually, and usually some
> > > months later.
> >
> > That is entirely correct ;-) However, (haven't tried it myself) if
> > you're a subscriber to Linux Format, you get early access to the
> > articles (how much earlier I don't know).
>
> I've been a subscriber for years, and never heard of that!  Mind you, if you
> got the info from their web pages that would explain it.  They take so long
> to load that I rarely go there.

I did get that info from the website (don't know if it's true or not as
I'm not a subscriber). My experience has been, it's a real hassle to
subscribe to any Futurenet publication here in the U.S. Also, I have no
need for every issue, like to purchase just the issues that have
articles of interest to me. I will be running out to purchase the
current issue though, as it has an article on programing in mono.

Linux Format pages load slow but, faster than PC Plus, which is also a
Futurenet publication :-(

> Anne

taharka

Lexington, Kentucky U.S.A.