Re: Webcam Logitech Quickcam Sphere

On Thu, 2006-11-16 at 13:22 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Thursday 16 November 2006 13:14, Alain PORTAL wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Le jeudi 16 novembre 2006 08:53, Ric Moore a écrit :
> > > Is it working yet?
> >
> > No, don't work.
> >
> > > I couldn't get beans to work until I did as I posted
> > > to you, touched the config.h file, dnloaded the tar file, ran the script
> > > and it did everything for you, depmod, modprobe,
> >
> > I did all of that.
> >
> > > all I had to do was run
> > > kopete to see it working.
> >
> > I didn't use kopete, but I try xawtv, camstream, spcaview and all failed to
> > find /dev/video0.
> >
> > > Stock FC6 install and kernel for logitech usb
> > > webcam, and it showed yours to be fully supported. Ric
> >
> > Somebody succeeded to use this cam on FC4
> > https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2005-December/msg03998.html
> > I wrote him, but he don't give me the solution :-(
> >
> Unless there's more than I saw, he didn't get it working.  However, they were
> talking about a model that uses pwc.

I hope to see where he tries the package I suggested and report if it
works. I've tried all of those other ones and each one of them failed,
for my logitech.

gspcav1-20060925.tar.gz

...worked for me. it worked so easily, with the same kernel and
everything, so I want to know if this has been tried. I mean I set it up
for him 1,2,3. If he's using FC6 and has the kernel and kernel-devel
installed for it, all things should be the same. I had mine plugged in
when I made it, --I think--. Try both ways... build plugged in, build
not plugged in. It's gotta work. Ric