Re: Fedora Coverstory in Linux Format

On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 14:40:12 +0000, "Ian Malone" <ibmalone@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It occurred to me just after posting that what Ubuntu does
> really well (especially for new people who don't know what
> to expect and don't have anything they know they want to
> set up) is a painless installation.

Yes and no.  I have never had a Debian based installer properly reread the partition table after I edit it, so I have to boot twice to do an install.  I've tried this on several different machines with both Dapper Drake and Knoppmyth.

Also, try installing LVM and RAID.  Unless they've changed this with Edgy Eft, you have to boot off a different CD and do a rather clunky text based install.

So from my perspective, the Fedora installation experience is vastly superior.

Mike