Re: Adding a SCSI controller and SCSI Tape drive

Jeffrey Ross wrote:
Ok, just tried another tape drive same deal, when I attempt to access the
drive with "mt -f /dev/st0 stat" the command hangs, I'm unable to kill the
process either (same as before)

Check your SCSI cabling and termination. If you have term power enabled on the device try disabling it and using an external, active, terminator. How long is the SCSI cable?

Is there an sg3_utils package for FC5? I use RHAS, and find the sg3_utils package to be exceedingly useful for testing SCSI device comms. It allows you to send SCSI commands to the device via the sg device driver.

Check your SCSI cabling and termination again...

E-mail :    nmw@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Phone :     +44 (0)116 2523548, Fax : +44 (0)116 2523555