Re: [RE]FC5 - recently introduced system hangs, multiple systems

On Thu, 2006-11-16 at 05:45 -0500, Chris Lidgate wrote:
> One more question to the group at large - does the irqbalance service
> need to be run on a *single* processor system ? From the descriptions
> I have read this service should not do anything on a single processor
> system, and I had disabled it on both of the two troublesome machines.
> I'm wondering if that was not such a good idea ...

I read the description, checked the service status, and determined that
it wasn't being used on my system, so I set it not to run.  Haven't
noticed any problems about it, yet.  It's been off for week, or more, by
my choice.  It's never been running, when it was allowed to, previously.

I read messages from the public lists.