Re: Fedora FC6 network install problems with eVGA nForce 680i motherboard

On Thu, 16 Nov 2006, Timothy Murphy wrote:

> Scott van Looy wrote:
>
> > Dunno if anyone else has noticed (or if it's just my hardware or the fact
> > I'm running x86_64) but if you do a clean install, manually specify the IP
> > and then try and enable the extras repo the installer crashes...
>
> Yes, I clicked on the "extra repo" checkbox and the installation crashed.
> Actually, I misunderstood what this checkbox meant -
> I assumed it would just add the fedora-extras repo to /etc/yum.repos.d .
> What exactly is it intended for?

It adds the packages in the Extra repo to the installable packages. Don't
do an 'everything' style install with it checked unless you have either a
LOT of patience or a very fast network pipe. It took most of a day for me
since it had to download any selected package that was from Extras from
the Extras repo.

--
Benjamin Franz

"It is moronic to predict without first establishing an error rate
 for a prediction and keeping track of one’s past record of accuracy."
                    -- Nassim Nicholas Taleb, Fooled By Randomness