Re: FC6 Missing icons after update and terminal not starting

antonio montagnani wrote:

Tnx Jim

I have tried to run a yum groupinstall but I have a stupid problem:
when I run a yum grouplist I get the list for example

Gnome Desktop Environment

But if I issue yum groupinstall Gnome Desktop Environment
I get the error that Gnome and Desktop and Environment ar enot exixting.
What is the exact grammar??

Tnx for help

You would want to run the below:
yum groupinstall "Gnome Desktop Environment"

The " character enclosing makes sure that yum does not try to expand this to group "gnome" and group "desktop" and "environment"

There are other schemes with escape characters but they just look horrible to use in my opinion.

Jim

--
Nothing is but what is not.