Re: Error message keeps popping up

On Thu, 2006-11-16 at 02:21 -0500, Ric Moore wrote:
> What is this? :
>
> Could not find mime type
> application/octet-stream

Well, the MIME type just means it's some sort of unidentified binary
file.  And you'll have to decide how to handle it, as there's no
predefined program for it.

NB:  Predefining something to always handle unknown binary can be a bad
move, depending on what you pick.  For instance, you wouldn't want
mplayer to deal with all of them.  At some stage, one of the files you
gave it mightn't be an undescribed multi-media file, but something
completely different.

> -- it appears when I mouse over a .php file icon in my KDE Desktop and I
> am clueless as to what I'm supposed to do with it to fix it.

Not using KDE, and not really touching PHP, I'm not sure what you might
want to do with PHP files by default.  Perhaps open them in a text
editor?

--
(Currently running FC4, in case that's important to the thread)

I read messages from the public lists.