Re: Microsoft, Linux, RH and patents....

On Wed, 2006-11-15 at 20:56 -0700, Kim Lux wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-11-15 at 19:09 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> > > What am I missing here ?
> > ----
> > the label... FUD
>
> Is it really that simple, that Microsoft doesn't have a leg to stand
> on ?  I think its FUD too, but surely there must be more to it than
> that ?
----
If you remember when you were a kid...the threat of being beaten up by
the bully was much worse than getting beat up. I had 2 older brothers in
fact...I remember this well.

If they have [a] claim(s) - they should bring them.

Until then, it's FUD...being spread by the bully.

Red Hat's response to the Microsoft/Novell agreement was clear enough...

http://www.redhat.com/promo/believe/

Microsoft can and will do as they please. They aren't speaking to Red
Hat...they are speaking to the public, the business owners, managers,
etc. (the ones who ultimately make the purchase decisions) to create
fear, uncertainty and doubt (Classic FUD).

Red Hat says bring it on.

It seems that a backlash against Novell/SuSE is a real possibility. Just
look at the editor from Linux Journal's blog...
http://www.linuxjournal.com/node/1000121

Craig