Re: Make FC6 CD set from a DVD

On 11/15/06, John Wendel <john.wendel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've got an FC6 installation DVD, but I need the installation CD set.
Can someone post the proper incantation(s) for making the CDs using
the DVD as input or point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

John

I have seen various mkisofs commands posted, but I don't know if any
work. Unless you are very bandwidth restricted, I would just download
the installation CDs.

The thing is, the exact process is a bit complicated due to the split
procedure. You might not get the same image as the official isos.

There are efforts to automate this process a bit, a decent sized
python script [1]  I hope that as it develops it can standardize the
procedure for things like this.

John

[1] http://linux.duke.edu/projects/pungi/