Re: ...but is nvidia any better?

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 17:54:35 -0600
"Chris Mohler" <cr33dog@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I use a GeForce 6800 (nvidia), and love it.  I can't really compare
> w/ATi, as most of those I've ever used were in (elder) macs, and
> pretty old.
>
> I use nvidia's driver - unlike some other folks, I find it pretty
> easy to install.  I never had any trouble until I went from
> fc5->fc6.  In order to use the FC6 aiglx/compiz, I had to run the
> beta nvidia driver for a while. The latest nvidia driver enables the
> fc6 compiz/desktop effects.
>
> Chris

Same here, been using nvidia + linux for quite sometime already (since
FC1 I guess, maybe even RH9 -- I have upgraded from a TNT2 to a
4200Ti and now to a 6800GT), support definitely has improved over
the years. And, ever since Matthias Saou made DKMS nvidia package
available from Freshrpms (thks Matthias! =)), I haven't needed to
manually install nvidia's .run driver packages. (even back then when I
needed to do it, all I had to do was run the .run package with -aqn
parameters and all would go well in under 5min)

Of course, YMMV.

Andre

--
Andre Oliveira da Costa