Re: FC6 Updates

On Tue, 2006-11-14 at 09:13 -0800, Jon Hamelin wrote:
> I have downloaded the updates for FC6 twice now. Once with the terminal
> and once with Yumex. After the download from the terminal - su -c 'yum
> update' - everything went fine until I was asked to import a key. after
> answering Yes, I then received a message that an update was not signed.
> Three hours wasted. Yumex worked fine until after everything was
> downloaded and then decided to lock up. Another 3 hours down the drain.

Configure YUM so it keeps the files it's downloaded (read the manual for
details how).  Run YUM again, and exclude the packages that won't update
without problems (again, read the manual).  Unless you've got stacks of
updates to be done, running it again oughtn't to be very time consuming.
It'll only work out what needs to be done, and then use the files it's
already cached.

NB:  Doing a yum clean all will throw away all the files you've
downloaded, and force you through all that time wasting again.  I
wouldn't recommend it unless something's fouled up every package that
you downloaded.  That'd have to be a very serious problem.

I read messages from the public lists.