Re: Eclipse-CDT 3.1.1 won't make a makefile

This was indeed the problem. Thanks for clearing that up, after setting the project name I never had to (or knew how to) configure anything further.
-Dan

Jeff Johnston wrote:
Dan, my guess is you simply hit "next" when offered the type of C++ Managed Make project. We now offer an Autotools Gnu form of ManagedMake project. It is currently appearing first in the list due to alphabetic ordering. If you just hit next and didn't change this to Executable Gnu, then that would explain things as it is expecting configuration files which ultimately build a Makefile. I need to make a patch to force our new type of project at the end of the list to prevent users who are used to just hitting next from running into this problem.

Otherwise, if that is not the case, you will have to give more details.

-- Jeff J.

Andrew Overholt wrote:
Hi,

* Dan <grinnz@xxxxxxxxx> [2006-11-14 13:59]:
I recently upgraded to FC6, which has Eclipse v3.2.1 with Eclipse-CDT v3.1.1. However, I created a managed make C++ project in this new version, and no Debug folder or makefile of any sort is generated! I have several .cpp and .h files in the project, and the console simply says there is no rule for making "all".

Odd. Try closing and re-opening the project. I've CCd Jeff Johnston who
may have an idea of what is wrong.

In general, it's better to file a bug as we're more likely to see it.

Andrew