Re: filtering IMAP by message body?

Lonni J Friedman wrote:
> Hopefully one of the gurus here can help with this one.  I reguarly
> receive over 4000 (yes, 4000) pieces of non-spam email each day, via
> an IMAP server.  I desperately need a means of filtering/sorting my
> email based on the contents of the message body (rather than just the
> header).  As far as I can tell, this isn't possible with thunderbird
> when using IMAP (only POP).  Anyone know of any reliable means of
> doing this with a different full-featured email client?

Yes, it can be done with thunderbird.

You just highlight the folder you want to have sorted/filtered.  Then you
right click the folder and select "search messages".  You search for
something in the body and then you click save "save as search folder".

This, of course, is a "virtual folder" but it does work quite well...at
least for me.

--
LIFE is a never-ending INFOMERCIAL!