Re: tcp_window_scaling?

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 12:31:52 -0800
"Knute Johnson" <knute@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> A few weeks ago I was having trouble getting at certain web sites.
> Someone suggested turning off tcp_window_scaling.  That worked great.
>  Then I installed FC6.  Now I can't edit the tcp_window_scaling file

It's a configuration property so the file system you see it in is showing
the state of the running system and is not persistent. You can set it and
all sorts of other goodies in /etc/sysctl.conf

> On a related subject, how does one detect where the window scaling
> issue is being caused?

Connect to multiple sites, if only one shows the problem you know who to
blame, if they all do then start your end, if some do then its more fun
but that rarely is the case.

Usually its a broken firewall or NAT box.

Alan