Re: Feeling real grumpy !

Thanks for answering Matthew;

On Tue, 2006-11-14 at 13:49 -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 14, 2006 at 01:26:44PM -0500, William Case wrote:
> > No reply from me.  I have googled and searched and found all kinds of
> > stories and comments about the failure/disagreement over AIGLX on r128
> > type video cards.  Most of the comments seem outdated.
>
> r128 is pretty old, and the potential for it to do flashy effects small. I
> think that's the root of both issues -- the original problems you have, and
> the fact that no one else seems to know much.

Yes.  This post was more a grumpy rant than a request for specific help.
The details are in earlier unanswered posts.  The point is:  I have ATI
Rage 128 Expert 200 video card.  It is only 5-6 years old.  There should
be an updated driver that works with it (later than r128 with dri-- like
flgrx).  If people are getting some window management with PIII and
however old their video cards maybe, then hopefully there is a driver
that works with my ATI Expert 200 with 128 MG of video ram.  It is Xorg
that is installing the r128, I think, not me.

--
Regards Bill