Re: Feeling real grumpy !

That suxx.  I'm seeing this partly as an issue of an "inexperienced" person doing the demo.  :)

In the future, maybe you should acquire an inspiron gx520 and load FC6 on it.  then load up all the stuff in this link

http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/6/i386/repodata/repoview/sound-and-video.group.html

Then sit down and show your friend.  Sorry not much help.....wouldn't know much about your r128 issue either. :(